To buy their one-off coalition, the Stéphane Dion led Grits will make Canadians pay a hefty price to the socialists—you can bet on that.
- Proportional representation (already rejected in Ontario).
- Job-killing higher tax on corporations.
- Billions in “green” taxes to fund social programs.
- Billions wasted on a redundant stimulus package.
- Billions more for national child care.
- Billions wasted on environmental initiatives that will not delay climate change/global warming by even one millisecond.
- Unprecedented concessions made to Quebec.
- Unprecedented concessions made to labour unions.
- A stacked Senate (18 sets now vacant and 11 up for retirement in 2009—thanks, Gerry).